Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to Hollywood - Kind of

How did I ever forget that I was in the official Staind video for their song Outside. It's not that I had forgotten completely about it. I was reminded the other day when a friend of a friend told me she thought she saw me on television in a music video. This video brings back so many memories. 

It's been a while (no pun intended for all of us Staind lovers) since this video was filmed. I had won tickets to the taping through a local music station, Lazer 99.3. There were four of us who went to the Hippodrome that night. We were lost in a sea of people but we somehow managed to fight our way forward. I actually got to the stage - directly in front of Aaron Lewis. I was completely star struck. Nigel Dick, the director, was plucking people out of the crowd and placing them in the front row. Yes, he was actually placing people in front of those of us who fought so hard to get there ourselves. Quite honestly, I thought he would put someone right in front of little ole me. I was wrong. He placed people in front of the two people next to me on my right and my left.  Production began and I was so excited that I wasn't "moved out of the way" for the beautiful people. "Outside" was started and stopped, over and over, at least 300 times that night. I didn't care. I was in a Staind music video. This video was going to air on television. This was my  ten seconds of fame - even if I was the only one who thought about it that way. 

Check it out. The first time you see me, I'm at 45 seconds. If you pause it, there are three girls in the "crowd", I'm the one on the right. I'm in the video quite a few more times too.

Haven't heard too much from Staind lately. They're all busy raising beautiful families. Most of them right here in Western Mass, I believe. After touring the country over and over again, they've come back to their roots. I remember watching them before they turned into the huge stars they have since become. I remember bartending while they were on stage rocking out right next to me. They played at TJ Hourihan's in Springfield a lot before they broke out of here. TJ's was my first bartending job. It's since shut down, but it was the place to be when I was the young tender age of 22. Who knew at that time that I would be in one of their music videos. Not me, but I'm glad I was. It's pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment